Facebook is the social media platform used by millions of people around the world. Facebook has more data about the people than the other social platforms. By using this massive user data, Facebook has decided to roll out a new feature which helps you to meet the non-friends.
Facebook has explained that the perfect matches and the preference will be made based on the common interests, mutual likes, etc. Also, Users will have the option to discover others with similar interests through their Groups or Events.
How Will Facebook Dating Feature Work?
- Initially, it will ask you to enter your first name. The dating profile will not be shown to your friends, will not be shown to the people who are not in this feature and also it will not be shared on the newsfeed as well.
- You can simply browse the events in your city and the groups based on your interest. You can “unlock” the profile for that particular event, then you will be shown the list of profiles who have unlocked for that particular event.
- You can also browse and go through the people’s profiles and can see the few photos of them. You will be shown profiles based on the mutual interests and the friends and based on the other data on Facebook.
- If you both are interested, then you can start a separate conversation on the dedicated inbox which is different from the normal messenger or WhatsApp. Considering the safety, Facebook allows only texts to be sent for now.
Already many marriages are happening by starting the communication in the Facebook. If Facebook dating feature comes into action, then still a lot more to do with it. This may bring down the other apps like Tinder. Also, Facebook is more conscious and sensible in making this featured the comfortable and safe one for the users. If this feature brings some inconvenience to the users, then the trust on Facebook also will be dropped. Hence Facebook is working keen to separate this feature from the normal app and do it reliably to make the users gain good experience.
- I'm an SEO Analyst at ClickDo Ltd & Expert at Building High Authority Links & Local Citations, Also, I help Business Owners in the UK by flooding more Leads to their Business by ranking their website organically and also by using paid campaigns like Google Ads/Facebook Ads.